Strawberry Cream Pie

Chocolate and strawberries, strawberries and cream. My mouth waters just thinking about putting those flavors together. I like taking proven combinations, and seeing if I can give them a twist to put my own spin on them.

Case in point: I was looking at Pinterest and saw a recipe for strawberry pie. I wanted to make it for a cookout I was going to, and had chocolate ganache leftover from making S'mores Tarts. The idea came together, and this is the result.

Strawberry Cream Pie

1 9" pie crust (I used a store-bought chocolate crust)
Macerated strawberries (See recipe posted 7/30/15)
Vanilla pastry cream (See recipe posted 7/23/15)
Chocolate ganache (See recipe posted 8/27/15)

Put 1/4 cup chocolate ganache in the bottom of the pie shell, and spread out. Chill for 15 minutes.

Spread a layer of strawberries over the ganache and cover with a layer of pastry cream. Repeat until the pie shell is full, ending with strawberries. Chill until firm, at least three hours.



Serves 8-12

Labels: