Chocolate Ganache

You might think all I do is bake and go to parties. This summer we've had a few get togethers with friends, but it isn't all the time. For Memorial Day I made desserts for two parties we went to. The first one was primarily adults, and I made Strawberry Cream Pie (see recipe posted 9/3/15).

The second one was a mix of adults and children, so I decided to make S'mores Tarts (see recipe posted 9/10/15). One of the components was Chocolate Ganache, which I also used in the Strawberry Cream Pie recipe.

Chocolate Ganache

8 oz chocolate chips (I used 4 oz dark chocolate chips and 4 oz semisweet chips)
1/2 C heavy cream
1 t vanilla
1/2 t instant coffee powder

Combine all ingredients in the top of a double-boiler, making sure the water is simmering but not touching the bottom of the pan. Stir until smooth.

Cool slightly before spooning the ganache into tart shells or pie crust. You can also use this recipe to frost a cake or cupcakes.


S'mores Tarts pictured here - the chocolate ganache is under the broiled marshmallow cream.

Labels: